Sunday, October 18, 2015

Common Basketball and Hockey Reverses

I've been pretty busy over the last month so haven't had time for the next installment until now. The following six cards are all marked in price guides and it's generally common knowledge that they are reversed. There are other errors that are rare or have not been cataloged, however, and I will get to those in a later post.

1978-79 Topps #60 Rick Barry UER


1987-88 Fleer #6 Thurl Bailey UER. I remember how thrilled I was when I discovered this error by looking at an actual copy of the card when I was younger, not knowing it had already been discovered and marked as such in Beckett.

1987-88 Fleer #41 Mike Gminski UER. Backwards "g" at the end of the back of his shirt, when the correct version would be a normal "g" at the beginning of the shirt.

1990-91 Pro Set #134 Shawn Chambers (back picture). The CCM on the helmet is reversed.

        
1990-91 Score #259A Dean Evason (reverse negative on pic on left)

1990-91 7th Inning Sketch #353 Todd Bojcun


There are obviously not as many reverses in these sports as in baseball or football (or soccer, actually), but as mentioned before there are a few out there that are unlisted or a little more obscure. But for the next post, I will be covering athletes who have had more than one reverse negative in their sports card history....

No comments:

Post a Comment