Sunday, January 31, 2016

Minor Leagues: 80s-90s Star Co.

Star Company had a lot of reverse negative errors in both major and minor league baseball cards (though none in their basketball cards, strangely) but this post will only cover the minor league ones. The majors rev negs will be in a later post.
I admittedly have not seen every single card produced by Star Co. so there may be many more out there than the ones I know about, but that's part of the fun of digging for error cards!

1989 Star Knoxville Blue Jays #8 Shawn Jeter (UER, unlisted). Probably not your favorite Jeter card, but it is mine!

1989 Star New Britain Red Sox #8 Josias Manzanillo (UER, unlisted). Logo on wrong side of shirt with socks facing wrong way, NB on the hat is backwards.

1990 Star Gastonia Rangers #24 Joey Wardlow (UER, unlisted). Couldn't find a scan online, so I took a pic of my own copy. The Rangers is backwards on the jersey and, you can't tell from this pic but there's a backwards "EK" written on the knob of the bat. Would have been funnier if there was a backwards "fuck face" like the Billy Ripken card.


1990 Star Lakeland Tigers #21 Robert Reimink (UER, unlisted). Backwards L on wrong side of the jersey.

1990 Star Miami Miracle I #12 Dennis Kidd (UER, unlisted). For some reason, Miami Miracle had two star sets in this year, and each one had a rev neg. Kidd is a right hander and the Miller Beer sign in the background is reversed.

1990 Star Miami Miracle II #11 Anthony Kelley (card on left, the one on the right is the correct version from the I set) (UER, unlisted).


There are more major league rev negs that I have found, but I will get to those once I'm done with the minor league posts. Next up is early 90s Classic.....





No comments:

Post a Comment